Every year workshops, discussions, forums, and debates make up a major part of the Budapest Pride Festival. This year’s festival, which marks Budapest Pride’s 18th anniversary, will have an array of workshops Monday through Friday, July 1 through July 5. The workshops, starting each day at 5 p.m., will be held in a variety of locations in Budapest.
Be creative, help shape the festival, submit your proposal!
Your proposal (1 page max) should include the following:
- the subject, format, and goals of the workshop
- a brief description of who will be holding the workshop (people and/or organizations)
- length (1 to 3 hours)
- technical requirements
- language of the workshop
- transportation costs, if coming from outside Budapest
The focus of this year’s Budapest Pride Festival is the importance of inter-group solidarity and standing up for ourselves. We would like this message to also be reflected in the workshops, and we are interested in seeing discussions on the following topics:
- oppression within the LGBTQ community, such as racism, transphobia, misogyny, and domestic violence
- the relationship between feminism and LGBTQ activism
- the current situation of education and LGBTQ youth
- LGBTQ activism outside Budapest (in other cities in Hungary and in neighboring countries)
We plan to have about 15 discussions total, and we’d like them to be as interactive as possible.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Monday, May 20, 2013. We will respond to you by June 1. Please send your proposal to email@example.com.
Until then, if you have any questions or need some advice and about ideas you have, feel free to drop us a line!